We haven’t sold any of these VIP perks, and that’s okay. We made it to goal without needing them. But still…so much potential is being overlooked.
Not only do you get to give input on your character’s image and lines in the game, not only do you get autographed art of your character, not only do you get all the Cuddly Incubus rewards, you can also do the voice of your character in the game if you want! There’s so many awesome NPCs to be as! Here’s a few ideas (but not all):
• The Nosy Reporter! Be that reporter who ticked off Chiyoko. Do you sneak into the quarantine to stick a mic in Vald’s face, or do you pretend you’re Kenta showing up for the temp job outside the institute? Or do you just show up on a TV screen somewhere to blather conspiracy theories about the incubi?
• The Linguist! You know, that linguist knew what the incubi needed but they wouldn’t to tell the Professor. Are they a total prude, or were they trying to save an incubus for themself? We could put their sprite on a computer terminal so they can have a talk with an incubus.
• A Protestor! You’re outside the institute with a big sign! What does it say? Is it ‘Share The Aliens With the Rest of Us’ or ‘There’s No Such Thing as Aliens – Prove Me Wrong!’
• A Cartoon Character! The incubi have computers in their rooms. They watch stuff on it that frankly messes with their heads! Will you be that creepy pasta YouTube monster that effs Harsi up? Or will you be Madam Puffalump from the Land o’ Lollipops to make Devi cheer with glee!
• A Fluffball! A fluffball pops through the interdimentional portal while Raiden’s working on it. Why is this fluffball here? What does it have to say? Is it trying to be the obligatory cute anime character? Is he there to cheer Kenta up? Is this Vald’s pet fluffball looking for him? Or is it something Raiden will toss back in the portal immediately because the damn things multiply tribble-style?
• A Hallucination! The incubi are messing with certain characters, but who knows how humans respond to incubi powers. They may end up seeing something strange, like a giant talking wang, or a furry version of one of the incubi. Like, seriously, this is fairly wide open. It’s a great chance to be a naked character.
• A Half-Human Half-Inch Worm! Because Raiden is using the privacy of the quarantine to work on some seriously gnarly projects, ‘yo—or it may be one of the Olimites, the visitor from the other dimension who warned of the incubi coming! When you go to talk to him and he stuffs the suspicious looking thing in his pocket you’re kind of annoyed. Like…it’s talking and stuff.
• Kenta’s Inspirational Anime Character in a Locket! It can’t be anything copywritten unless it’s a pretty obvious parody, like Yuri with Lice or something. Kenta opens the locket to get motivation when he’s down, and Locket Character always has something awesome to say!
• Something else! Seriously, if you’re thinking about this perk just pitch me your idea and I’ll tell you how we can work it in. If you’re not a backer yet, then reach me through Facebook!
Back our Kickstarter at the NPC Tier and get you some!
Categories: Crowdfunding, To Trust an Incubus